Greece Golden Visa
New Asset Classes
Greece Golden Visa Has Asset Classes
Table of Contents
The Golden Visa Program was initiated in 2013 by Enterprise Greece. This program offers a five-year residence permit in exchange for a real estate investment. Family applications can include children up to the age of 21, and there is no requirement for physical presence in the country. The permit is initially granted for five years and can be renewed every five years as long as the property investment is maintained.
The Greek residence permit is issued by the Greek authorities and provides the holder with the legal right to reside in Greece. It can be obtained by making a real estate investment valued at more than €250,000. There are several categories of residence permits, each with different types of permits within them.
For some time, there have been speculations regarding new investment options Greece’s Golden Visa Program. In April 2019, the government enacted a law introducing these new options, and as of mid-November 2019, they were officially announced through the government gazette.
While some newly introduced changes are minor enhancements or additions to existing models, there are also some fresh options available. One particularly noteworthy change is the introduction of investment requirements for asset types other than real estate.
Investment Options of Greece Golden Visa
Below is a list of options available to applicants of the Greece Golden Visa program:
- Purchase corporate or state bonds, or corporate shares worth a minimum of 800,000 euros.
- Deposit at least €400,000 for a minimum of 12 months in a domestic credit institution.
- Invest a minimum of €400,000 in real estate investment company operating in Greece, or purchase shares of a company through a share-capital increase scheme.
- Invest a minimum of €400,000 in a fund or capital equity company that invests in Greek companies.
- Invest at least 400,000 euros in Greek state bonds that have been in existence for at least three years, through a domestic credit institution.
- Invest at least €400,000 in a mutual fund that invests in corporate bonds, shares or state bonds.
- Invest at least €400,000 in shares of an EU member country that invests in real estate in Greece or a domestic alternative investment organization
It is important to note that these changes and improvements to the Golden Visa program oF Greece do not affect the minimum real estate investment requirement. This option does not include properties purchased through a real estate investment trust or a property investment company.
Regarding group applications, it is worth mentioning that the scheme allows for the qualification of up to three shareholders or executives of a family-owned company that successfully acquires approved assets worth at least 400,000 euros.
Greece Visa Homes is your trusted investment advisory firm for Greece Golden Visa. Get personalized guidance from our experienced legal professionals, ensuring a seamless process for real estate and investment funds.
Contact us for inquiries and assistance. We’re here to support you every step of the way!